Implant Dentures Calgary
Make an appointment today
Implant Supported Dentures: When Conventional Dentures Are Not For Good Enough For You.
Implant dentures are a type of denture that are supported by dental implants. Dental implants are also used to replace one or more missing teeth, and can be a great option for people who have lost multiple teeth or who cannot tolerate conventional dentures or are not candidates for conventional bridges. The benefits of implant dentures include:
- Improved stability and retention: Dental Implants allow your denturist to securely anchor your dentures to the jawbone, which means that they will not slip or move around in the mouth. This makes them much more stable and comfortable than conventional dentures, which can be prone to shifting or falling out.
- Better chewing ability: Because implant dentures are more stable, they can provide more support for the jaw and help to restore a person’s ability to chew food. This can make it easier for people to enjoy a more varied diet and can improve their overall quality of life.
- Enhanced appearance: Implant dentures can be designed to look very natural, and are custom-made to create a natural appearance. This can help to improve a person’s self-esteem and confidence, as they will not have to worry about their dentures being visible or looking artificial.
- Preservation of jawbone: When a tooth is missing, the jawbone begins to deteriorate, which can change the shape of your face over time. Dental implants help to preserve the jawbone and the facial structure.
- Convenience: Removable Implant dentures are easy to clean and maintain.
Fixed Implant Dentures
With no plastic covering the palate, fixed implant dentures feel more like real teeth! When you use conventional dentures, you must take out the removable prosthetic and clean it at night. But with fixed implant dentures, you can brush as you brush your natural teeth, although we recommend a Waterpik™ for help with cleaning those hard-to-reach areas. Only a dental professional is able to remove this type of denture, and their immovability comes with a few advantages:
- Complete elimination of denture sore spots
- No plastic covering the roof of the mouth
- Smaller prosthetics
Removable Implant Dentures
Removable implant dentures have special attachments that snap onto corresponding fasteners on the implants. This arrangement makes the dentures much more comfortable. It is also easier to chew with implant dentures than with traditional dentures.
Keep in mind that these dentures must receive support from the gums. As a result, patients have to schedule periodic relines for their dentures.
The process for getting implant dentures involves the following steps:
- In-person examination and consultation with Jennifer, where we take the time to better understand your needs and goals.
- Referral for diagnostics – usually to a dental surgeon and/or dental radiologist – in order to assess the possibilities and to make considered recommendations.
- After the diagnostics are gathered, the patient usually meets with their surgeon/dentist to discuss options, Jennifer is usually a part of that conversation – remotely in some cases. Together with your dental team, you decide how to proceed based on what the possibilities actually are for you – both biologically and financially.
- Once a decision is made, work begins – depending on the treatment plan.
- Then, Jennifer’s job is to care for the patient through the healing process and to proceed with the definitive prosthesis at the appropriate time. Patients then continue to see Jennifer and their dentist for ongoing maintenance in the years that follow.
Minimize your visits from 4/5 to 2/3
After your initial consultation, minimize the number of trips and choose a 4 hour appointment including:
- Preliminary and final records measurements
- Lab work & Re-sizing
Comfortably wait while enjoying free access to Wi-Fi, comfy chairs, and chilled water. With a well-equipped on-site laboratory in place, there will be minimal back and forth for you, as we will do the moulding of the prototype and readjustment immediately while you are here. Assuming everything goes well, you can receive your new teeth at the next visit!
While implant dentures have many benefits, they are certainly not the right choice for everyone. People who are not good candidates for implant dentures include those who have poor oral hygiene, gum disease, or a history of smoking. Additionally, implant dentures can be more expensive than traditional dentures, so they may not be an option for everyone.
In conclusion, implant dentures are a great option for people who have lost multiple teeth or who are not good candidates for traditional dentures or bridges. They provide improved stability and retention, better chewing ability, enhanced appearance, and preservation of jawbone and are a long-term solution. They are also easy to clean and maintain. It’s important to consult with a dental professional to determine if implant dentures are the best choice for you.
Dentures Now - Pay Later
Affordable financing options available
Contact Swiss Denture Clinic for Implant Dentures
Calgary Denturist Jennifer Auld: “Please don’t hesitate. Each day that you suffer without a full set of teeth is another day of not eating, speaking, or engaging as you could. Swiss Denture Clinic wants to help you get the most out of life by finding the perfect denture solution for you, your budget, and your lifestyle. Contact us today to get answers to all your denture questions!”
Invest in something good: YOURSELF.
When you consider dentures, choose Swiss Denture Clinic for an optimal fit, maximum comfort, and true Swiss quality. You won’t regret it.
Eat, speak, and smile with confidence. Boost your oral health, and get the most out of your money. Make an appointment today!